You may have heard that we're launching a Kickstarter very soon but do you know why?
Let me fill ya in.
WHAT IS KICKSTARTER?
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. A home for film, music, art, food, theater, games, comics, design, photography, and more.
You can essentially help a small company grow and get rewarded at the same time.
Here are some fun Kickstarters I recently supported (click on the photos to go to the page):
SO WHY ARE WE GOING TO BE ON KICKSTARTER?
Kickstarter helps companies do a lot of things including:
- Fund their development (if enough people help, I can get this made)
- Proof of concept (I think this is a good idea—does anyone else?)
- Growth (I need more people to jump up to the next level)
- Bail out (Something came up and I need help to keep going)
- Marketing (I need people to know we exist and this will help)
We're using Kickstarter for both GROWTH and MARKETING. We already know we have a great product but more people want it. People are begging us to let them know. To be able to get the box to everyone who already knows they want it we need to grow to the next size. We're at capacity for our little store and we always intended this to be a big nationwide adventure.
Kickstarter will let us crowdsource enough subscribers to move to a bigger facility. At the same time, it will help us to reach people who don't already know about us.
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
Soon. But we can't reveal when. We will have very special early bird rewards and to make it fair for those who have been waiting for this moment we ask everyone to leave their email in our newsletter sign up at the bottom of the website or in the pop up on that comes up on the website.
This will put on the insiders list and you'll know everything as it happens!
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
- Subscribe! If you live in MA, NH, VT, CT or RI you can subscribe now!
- If you don't live in one of those states, add your email to our list
- Tell your friends about it - send them to curdbox.com
- Post on Facebook and link to curdbox.com
- Share our Facebook and instagram posts
- Send us names of influencers we should send a box to
- Send us ideas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Stay tuned! We'll be updating our BLOG as more info is available. And if you want to know more about what we're up to, check out this blog post.
Oh, and thanks for helping!